Congratulations to our lovely student, Maddie Cross, for being accepted into
The School of Alberta Ballet's 2019 Professional Summer Program.
Hard work and dedication certainly pays off! We are so proud of you Maddie!
Here are some photographic highlights from our 2017-2018 season.
Thank you to the amazingly talented, Alexis McKeown,
for capturing such beautiful photos of our dancers!
- Corps (kôr) - A french word meaning the members or "body" of a dance company "who work together as one with synchronized movements".
The mission of Canmore Dance Corps is to unite the community through dance and fitness by providing a joyful, welcoming atmosphere for dancers of all ages and sizes. We are committed to developing not only a dancer's body, but more importantly, their mind and spirit.
Students and teachers from Canmore Dance Corps have and continue to, supplement their training in professional institutions such as:
- The School of Alberta Ballet, Calgary
- Decidedly Jazz Danceworks, Calgary
- The Royal Winnipeg Ballet School
- The Edmonton School of Ballet
- Toy Guns Dance Theatre, Edmonton
- Arts Umbrella, Vancouver
- Harbour Dance Centre, Vancouver
- Placement, Berlin, Germany
" I'm very excited and proud to be the owner of this wonderful community dance studio! We have a great team of qualified, energetic and inspiring instructors who are committed to sharing their knowledge and passion with students of all ages and sizes. Dance is a fantastic way to stay fit and healthy; physically and mentally. It inspires us to unleash our creativity and helps to develop important life-skills such as confidence, commitment and responsibility. It is also a great way to meet new people and make new friends so come and dance with us Canmore! "
Jill Danielson, Owner/Director